Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tot School-Week 2

Tot School
Aubrey-22 Months

Theme: Winter
Shape: Moon
Color: Blue
Letter: S
Animal: Polar Bear



We started our tot school winter theme this week.   I copied parts of the calendar from here.  I did change it up a bit and made it more simple to fit Aubrey's needs.  I also created 15 winter vocabulary words.  I took off all of the words and she placed them back onto the board after saying them after me or saying them if she already knew what they were.  I didn't think of it before, but just the act of placing the cards back on the board is a great fine motor skill.  It takes her a while, but she gets all of the cards back on the board by herself. 




We did a Dot-A-Dot work sheet for our letter S.  She did wonderful!  I showed her how to do the first one and she did all the rest herself.  In this picture she has the page upside down because it was easier to fill in the circle this way. 


We did the red magnetic pom poms and S for snowman.  She covered up all the circles.  I was a few pom poms shy of having enough to complete both the snowman and the letter S, so she completed the snowman and then stole from him to complete the S.  Smart little girl!


I found this "I Can Spell" puzzle at a consignment shop a while back.  I haven't really used it since I purchased it, but I got it out today to see who she would do and she did great.  I loved watching her put the pieces together (fine motor skill) and then saying the name of the picture. 



I made this playdough recipe and made enough playdough to do a few colors.  I just did white with some glitter to make it look more like snow.  I am going to add food coloring to the rest of the playdough I have to make a few other colors.

I gave Aubrey a few star cookie cutters and she had a blast cutting out stars. 


Here is the sensory tub I made for our winter theme.  It has fake snow, blue items, a moon card, snowflakes, reindeer & penguines (vocab words), and a scoop and cup to put the "snow" in.  I also gave her other containers for sorting. 





She LOVED the sensory tub, but HATED that the snow would cling to her hands and clothes.  We got a few uses out of it, but then I removed the fake snow and added beans as a filler instead. 





Here she is playing with the new and imported snow free sensory tub.  


Caroline-9 weeks doing her newborn school work.  Tummy time!  She gets a B- because she hates it and refused to do it longer than 10 minutes. 

5 comments:

  1. Fun week. Love the way you have organised your day - theme, shape etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bulletin board- looks like a great way to remind myself what I want to work on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sensory bin. It contains such fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! I love your unit is this week! I might have to borrow some ideas from it for next week. Since it's definitely snowing a lot right now. We're working on letter A this week. And too cute about your 9-week old! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little girl refused as well tummy time. It got better to start with less time for her was 1 minute and add little by little more.

    ReplyDelete