Friday, August 12, 2011

Baby Mum Mum

Along with Caroline having Turner's, there is a host of other issues that come along with her diagnoses.  One of them is Celiac disease or gluten intolerance.  Around 3 months, I started Caroline on oatmeal instead of rice as her first food.  I thought she was okay, but she started to becoming increasingly fussy and then would have bouts of screaming.  This lasted for about 3 weeks before I started to think it might be the oatmeal.  After much googling, I found on the Turner's Syndrome website a connection between gluten and Turner's. Needless to say, we stopped gluten and things improved.  I have tried it a few other times in past few months and both times I ended up with a VERY hysterical baby by night time.


Finding finger foods (besides veggies and fruits) is a little difficult.  I used Baby Mum Mum's with Aubrey and she hated them.  I thought I would give it a try with Caroline since they are gluten free.  I was expecting her to hate them and totally dislike the texture, but she loved them.  It is so cute to hear her little rabbit teeth chomping into the rice cake.    


No comments:

Post a Comment