Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cardiologist Appointment

Cardiologist appointment

Caroline had her cardiologist appointment today.  She was supposed to have it in September, but the Spica cast caused us to move up the appointment.  After 2 hours, we found out that her heart looks good, but she was moving a lot and so they didn't get great pictures.  This makes me frustrated with the tech because I asked her if she was getting good pictures.  If I knew she wasn't, I would have actually held her more than what I was already holding her. 


The doctor doesn't think she has a coarctation of the aorta or any other issue, but still couldn't get a great image to rule it out. I did ask for a MRI since several of my Turner Syndrome mom friends have had their daughter's heart issues diagnosed at 8-10 years of age, but only after the use of an MRI.  She said that heart is looking good and that standard protocol is to have the MRI done when she is around 8-10. 


So we go back in another 6 months get get her heart looked at again.  Hopefully they will get better images at the next appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment